Oils & Mums
Where do I start? Firstly, if you’re feeling that #mumlife struggle then you are NOT alone! I am here for you, mama! I have never felt more emotionally supported than I do now, and I plan on sharing all my secrets with you!
Firstly, there are two books that I think EVERY home should have (along with oils, duh?!). They are the Essential Life Book, and Essential Oils for Pregnancy, Birth & Babies by Stephanie Fritz. Both of these resources will really support you on your pregnancy/kiddy journey.
So, without further ado, here are my Top 10 Must-Haves
(assuming you already have the Top 10 Oils in your home)
(Tap the name to learn more)
This is known as ‘Immortelle’ in the US.
It contains all of my favourite oils: Frankincense (which I add to some Jojoba oil for my face serum), Hawaiian Sandalwood, Lavender, Myrrh, Helichrysum and Rose.
This blend is formulated to help reduce the appearance of premature aging and moisturise aging skin. These essential oils help the skin look smooth, radiant and youthful. Saubelle easily absorbs into the skin and can be used on the face, neck, and décolletage to reduce the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and aging skin.
I like to roll it onto my hands and pat it into my face after using my face mist.
Rose is the highest vibrational oil on the planet. Did you know that it can take up to 8,000 roses (252,000 petals) just to make a 5ml bottle? When I’m in a bad mood I like to apply my Rose touch roller to my pulse points and the inside of my wrists. It is also beautiful when lathered over your heart.
It has an emotionally uplifting aroma, it helps moisten the skin, it reduces the appearance of skin imperfections and it promotes the appearance of an even skin tone and healthy complexion. I like to roll it on my face and under my eyes every morning for not only its skin benefits but to uplift me for the day.
Jasmine is the best thing I’ve ever smelt. Swear on my life. I have been using it as a perfume (ain’t nobody got time for those toxic perfumes!). It smells musky and exotic – delish! It’s also great for your skin so I like to roll it onto my face before bed.
I know that this is part of the Top 10 Oils and I have assumed that you already have this, but I think it needs to be mentioned again because it is amazing!
Not only do I apply Frankincense to my skin daily (helps your skin to look and feel rejuvenated), but I have a drop under my tongue morning and night to support my overall wellness to. It also promotes feelings of relaxation so WIN/WIN!
If I'm feeling overwhelmed, I also like to apply it to the bottom of my feet.
Mood Management Kit
So I was sneaky again and included these 4 oils as one number. I like to refer to this as the ‘Mum Life Kit’. It was the next thing I purchased after getting the Top 10 Oils (you know, before I went crazy for oils and bought the Diamond Kit? Yeah, back then..)
I apply Balance to the inside of my wrists and the soles of my feet daily. One of the main benefits of Balance is its ability to evoke feelings of tranquillity. What mama doesn’t need that?
I like to use Lavender Peace (or ‘Serenity’ as its referred to in the US) and Balance in a roller bottle and apply whenever I feel like shit is about to hit the fan. It’s my “Calm Your Farm” blend. We also diffuse Lavender Peace every night to promote a restful night’s sleep. Lavender Peace also comes in the form of a Softgel, and I just take one when I feel that overwhelming feeling wash over me and before bed too.
Citrus Bliss makes me think of sunshine and unicorns. It has an energising and uplifting aroma so I like to diffuse it in the mornings. I also add a couple of drops to the corner of my shower in the morning – such a great start to the day!
Elevation ‘Joyful Blend’ really is true to its name. It enlivens the senses and and promotes a revitalising environment so it's perfect for the mornings!
Lifelong Vitality Supplements
I purchased the Lifelong Vitality Pack because they had a 30 day money-back guarantee, expecting to be sending them back for a refund. Shock horror – they’re amazing.
There are three different kinds of supplements:
- Alpha: contains powerful polyphenols that protect cells from free radicals that can damage cellular DNA, mitochondria, and other critical cell structures. Basically a fancy pants way of saying that it reduces oxidative stress (which is really important because free radicals can damage cellular DNA and affect fertility and unhealthy aging).
- Omega: includes a proprietary blend of essential oils that also function as antioxidants, support a healthy oxidative stress response in cells, and provide other powerful health benefits. Also a fancy pants way of saying that it’s great for your immune system.
- Microplex: a balanced formula of essential vitamins and bioavailable minerals carefully formulated to provide optimal levels of key micronutrients that support energy and immune functions. Another fancy pants way of saying that it contains a bunch of whole foods like kale and spinach that don’t taste that great in a smoothie (in my own personal opinion).
Whenever my body feels out of whack, this is what I turn too. I also pick my skin sometimes (I know - worst habit), so I like to use a drop of Geranium in my skin care regime if I've been particularly naughty.
Geranium promotes the appearance of clear skin and healthy hair - making it ideal for skin and hair care products. The aroma also helps promote a feeling of calm and balance.
Clary Sage is so versatile!
- Use during your menstrual cycle by rubbing three to five drops on the abdomen for a soothing massage.
- Combine with Roman Chamomile and add to bath water for a relaxing bath.
- Diffuse or apply to pillow at night.
- Add to shampoo or hair conditioner to promote healthy looking hair and scalp.
- Combine with a carrier oil to massage and soothe the skin.
I’m really loving [Grapefruit] in my water at the moment! Grapefruit, like all of the citrus oils, has an energising and uplifting aroma. It is also great to add to your cleanser or moisturiser to improve the appearance of blemishes.
You can't pour from an empty cup... I know, I know - you've heard it a million times. But it truly is so important to get some you time, practice self-care and practice mindfulness.
Some ways I like to do this:
- seeing my beautiful reiki healer and spiritual coach, Clair, who helps me work on any blocked/negative energy. For example, we are focusing on my sacral chakra at the moment so I've made a blend of Cinnamon, Tangerine, Citrus Bliss and Wild Orange.
- aromaticaly dressing every morning with Fractionated Coconut Oil and my oils. I have a tray of oils that sit in my bathroom and I choose from that, depending on how I am feeling and what I feel I need.
- meditation. I am a big fan of the smiling mind app (free) and the Abraham Hicks meditation app (about $22.00).
Emotional Aromatherapy Touch Kit
This kit has seriously been my life saver on so many occasions. I respond really well to Cheer, whereas Clementine responds really well to Console and Peace. I roll Peace along the soles of her feet and down her spine whenever we are about to head out to help with any tantrums she feels like she needs to throw!
Cheer is so uplifting, Passion is probably one of my favourite oils (smells amazing and helps get those creative juices flowing), and Motivate can help when I can’t be bothered doing any work (which happens a lot!).
I also love to use Console and Forgive when I’m going through some tough emotional events happening in my life, and even if I’m watching a tear jerker on 60 Minutes!
This kit is life!!!